Saturday, August 2, 2008

Follow-up from Lornie Haugen







the 2008 Midsommar was more than fun this year. It was a learning experience as well, seeing the community and the Swedish celebrations! It was just awesome, and how great to go back there, sometime in the future. That weekend for me is always a adventure, I live in Tomahawk, Wi and this year I hooked up my 1978 Scamp to see how a tow that far would work with my 850 (with over 400k miles) I went from 30mpg to about 24mpg. The first night on the road I pulled into a Missouri state park..it was great, clean and very nice and because I am old, it cost only $14. Then I drove to Olathe, KS to take in the Delbert McClinton concert in the park that evening (friday). A lot of people and good tunes. After the concert, I drove to Lindsborg,pulled up to the park and slid into the scamp and slept. The Saturday was great, along with the Volvos is was great to learn about the Swedish entertainment, dances and the dresses, etc. I learned a lot! The Swedish meatball sandwich was GREAT! In learning that my Volvo was chosen "best of show" was a shock, I am sure the Scamp helped with that. I felt a bit embarrassed about it, because there are so many Volvos there that probably deserved it a lot more than I did. I was humbled and very happy and to think I almost bought one of the Dala horses like I won earlier in the day.hahaha. It was so interesting to see the evening celebration, I wish I could have stayed to see it all, but I had to head north. I got home at a decent hour on Sunday and had a lot to tell my wife and friends. Another great adventure in my life full of awesome chapters and adventures.

Lornie Haugen

No comments: